Hello and welcome to the unofficial manual, Introduction to IGOR Pro Programming. This manual was developed under a grant from Wavemetrics, Inc.
The manual was written in order to facilitate the transition from being a competent IGOR Pro user to being a competent IGOR Pro programmer. Why? Because IGOR Pro is the swiss army knife of data analysis, instrument control and data visualization, and the key to unfolding this potential is programming.
So, if you wish to start programming with IGOR Pro, then download the two files that make up the manual (the manual itself and the companion experiment) below, and begin.
Please feel free to add comments below or to send me email if you find any errors or if you have any suggestions.
The collection of resources at the end may also be of use.
The Manual: View/Download pdf version (33 pp, 460 Kb)
The Companion Experiment:
- IGOR Pro Updaters The fastest route to standalone updaters
- Listing of User Created Resources at Wavemetrics The “Tools for IGOR Users” and the “IGOR Mailing List” are especially useful. The mailing list is perhaps the most useful community support list in existence.
- User submitted algorithms via the Wavemetrics FTP server
IGOR Pro User-created Resources:
These are links (hopefully) not cited in the above resources.
- Igor Exchange What promises to be the ultimate IGOR support and development portal by Adam Light
- nClamp Data acquisition software for electrophysiology from the Silver Lab at University College, London
- Neuromatic A collection of Igor Pro functions for analyzing electrophysiological data.
- Using LaTeX with IGOR Pro by Jesús Martínez Blanco
- Irena 2: package of small-angle scattering data evaluation and modeling macros for Igor Pro
- Nika: Package of 2D to 1D small-angle scattering data reduction macros for IGOR Pro
- Freiburg Evoked Potentials Recording and analysis of visual evoked potentials, be it from the retina (ERG, PERG) or the cortex (VEP)
- How to run two versions of IGOR concurrently, from Asylum Research
- PulseQ electrophysiology package (commercial)
- Igorian Chant Software. IGOR consulting by Jim Prouty
- IGOR Functions by Jeremy Bergsman A variety of utilities (such as loading files, automating image analysis)
- Mike Sailor’s collection of IGOR procedures for designing rugate and Bragg filters, collecting and processing data from Ocean Optics spectrometers, and to calculate porosity and thickness of Fabry-Perot layers. Use subject to terms on the page.
Companies using IGOR Pro